Step into 1850 as you explore the original home of Dr. Anson Jones, the last president of the Republic of Texas. The home is the centerpiece of Barrington Plantation, where the Jones family lived for over a decade, building a successful cotton farm after Texas joined the Union. Today, using Anson’s daybooks and accounts as their guide, costumed interpreters use 1850s methods and materials for planting, cultivating and harvesting the fields and working with livestock. Chores are plentiful on a working farm, so you are welcome to lend a hand if you’d like.
Open Daily from 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The farm is currently open Wednesday – Sunday from 10am to 4pm.
Tickets for the general public may be purchased at the Visitor Center.
Individual Tickets for all sites:
- Adults: $8.00
- Students (Age 6-18 and college students): $5.00
- Children (Age 5 and under): Free
- Family Pass (Includes 2 adults and 1 student): $20.00
Each additional student is $1.
- Seniors & Veterans: $7.00
Group Tour Tickets:
- School Group (per student): $2 per site or $5 for all three sites.
- Adult Group (per person): $6 for all three sites.
Group tours and education programs are available. Please call 936 878 2214 for additional information or to book your tour.
Events at Barrington Plantation